July 27, 2015Click here to download the show.
This week on "For Your Benefit" , hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan chat with Joan Melanson, director of Program Promotion of LTC Partners, about the important role long term care has on retirement planning and why it should be addressed well in advance of retiring.
Federal employees spend a great deal of time and energy planning for the exciting retirement phase of their lives when they finally get to retire and enjoy the fruits of their labors, after working many years. However, a topic that is often overlooked for consideration is long term care.
Talking points include:
- What exactly is long term care and why is it such an important consideration in financial planning?
- What factors should be used to determine the advisability of long term care insurance and when should a LTC policy begin?
- What factors should be considered in coverage and how do these factors impact premiums?
- What are the risk factors of having LTC vs not having LTC?
- How does the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program address your needs?
- What is the cost and why should you purchase LTC insurance?
- Are there any alternatives to LTC insurance?
- How do you become more educated about the topic of long term care after this radio program?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call in, once the phone lines are open, to 202-465-3080.