June 8, 2015
This week on For Your Benefit, host Bob Leins welcomes Bob Braunstein, NITP seminar presenter and federal benefits specialist to chat about the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB) and Medicare.
Discussion points include:
- Explanation of the requirement to have five years of coverage in order to take coverage into retirement.
- Will the cost of my coverage change in retirement?
- What about Open Season? Can I still change plans every year?
- Is the new "Self Plus One" coverage being offered in 2016 different from family coverage?
- When I turn 65, does FEHB make me enroll in Medicare? Will I be penalized for late enrollment in Medicare B? Should I enroll in Medicare B?