February 22, 2016Click Here to Download the Audio
This week on For Your Benefit, our host, Bob Leins, welcomes Marc Levine, Esquire, with Handler & Levine, LLC to the studio to talk about his newsletter entitled, "What Will Happen to My iTunes Account When I Die? Planning for Our Ever-Expanding Digital 'Assets'".
After practicing law for over 23 years, there are very few questions that are entirely new. Some are interesting variations on old questions, some flip the original question on their head, but rarely is there a whole new area of law or assets to deal with. We will discuss concerns for confidentiality at the same time for others to know certain facts.
These Digital “assets” can include:
- Bank account and financial institution information
- Income tax returns, will, gifting
- TSP information
- Federal benefit and social security information
- Credit history
- IRA funding over years of contributions
- Housing costs over a lifetime
- Family picture albums, letters, business ideas
Tune in on February 15 while our guest offers some thoughts on this subject, as well as discussions regarding other unusual assets you may wish to pass on to your beneficiaries.