July 25, 2016Click here to download the audio!
This week on For Your Benefit, Bob Leins will host Tammy Flanagan, Federal Benefits Expert, and Kristina E. M. Sturgis, CFP® CDFA™ Financial Advisor, NITP Seminar Presenter and Certified Financial Planner™ with Patterson and Associates, a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
Today's show will take the TSP to the third level, beyond accumulation and management to the level of "decumulation!” During your retirement years, you will have to make important decisions regarding your retirement savings just as you did while accumulating your TSP.
Have you thought about the following considerations?
- How much are the administrative expenses for your investments?
- What investment choices do you have to choose from?
- Are there tax strategies that you can employ when withdrawing your retirement savings?
- Are there withdrawal strategies to create income for life?
- Do you want your withdrawal options to provide control of the amount and frequency of your distribution?
- What are required minimum distributions and when do you have to take them?
- How does the G Fund compare to other "cash" investments?
- Should all of your money be in the G Fund after you retire?
- Are there considerations for your beneficiaries?
- Does your spouse have protection and rights to your TSP?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call 202-465-3080 this coming Monday. Program begins at 10:05 ET and questions are accepted between 10:20 AM and 10:55 AM.