January 18, 2016
This week on For Your Benefit, hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan present their annual analysis and presentation of the “Back Door Roth IRA” and the “ The transfer of a Voluntary Contribution Account to a Roth IRA”. These subjects will be discussed together with comments on potential tax law changes for 2016 that could impact “Back Door Roth IRAs” and “Stretch IRAs” to non-spouse beneficiaries. Please remember these are potential concerns as to what could change and not what has changed.
- Brief history of traditional and Roth IRAs
- Ability to “contribute” directly to either type of IRA
- Transfer or rollover to a Roth IRA
- The Voluntary Contribution Program: What it means to you if you qualify and how it works
- Why you may consider action re these opportunities in 2016 and when in 2016