June 6, 2016
This week on For Your Benefit, Bob Leins welcomes Dave Redden, Federal Benefits Specialist to the studio. Bob and Dave will discuss the basic difference between a Roth and a traditional TSP and or IRA. They use this basic understanding to help describe the advantages and caution points of each.
Monday’s discussion will be help you understand:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How timing will impact your participation in the Roth TSP and why?
- How a Roth IRA contribution can currently be made even if your income is too high (commonly referred to as a “Back Door Roth”).
- How and why would a Roth IRA be beneficial after retirement?
- Are there any possible rule changes that could affect your Roth accounts and future opportunities?