October 17, 2016
This week on ForYourBenefit, host Bob Leins, and co-host Tammy Flanagan, NITP Senior Benefits Director welcome host Phil Gardner, Human Resources Specialist, Benefits Officers Training and Development at OPM.
Tune in to learn about:
Understanding the process of leaving employment and becoming an annuitant:
- The CSRS and FERS retirement application
- Continuation of FEGLI after retirement
- Health insurance continuation requirements
- Former spouse considerations
Consider what decisions to make when planning to retire, including:
- Electing survivor benefits
- Choosing a retirement date
- Continuation of health and life insurance into retirement
- Deciding to fully retire or enter phased retirement
Introduction to the U. S. Office of Personnel Management's retirement services - your "personnel office" after you retire:
- Annual Open Season for insurance
- Life changes after retirement: marriage, divorce, widow
- When retirees move after retirement... What should they keep in mind?
- How do retirees contact OPM after retirement?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call 202-465-3080 this coming Monday. Program begins at 10:05 ET and questions/comments are accepted.