April 25, 2016
This week on For Your Benefit, our host, Bob Leins welcomes Marc Levine, Esquire, with Handler & Levine, LLC to the studio to discuss how your financial accounts and issues tie together with your estate planning.
- How do your beneficiary designations work with your Estate Plan?
- What happens if your beneficiary designations are not filled out at all?
- Does it matter if you gift a stock during life, or bequeath it at death?
- What does joint ownership of accounts really means for you, and for your heirs?
- What are the different investment issues and guidelines before and after death – how do trusts work after death?
- How do Revocable Trusts work with financial accounts?
- Instead of retitling assets, can you just use a transfer or payable on designation on an account?
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call 202-465-3080 this coming Monday. Program begins at 10:05 ET and questions are accepted between 10:20 AM and 10:55 AM.