June 13, 2016
This week on For Your Benefit, Bob Leins welcomes David De Jong and Steve Widdes, tax and estate attorneys with Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC, to the studio to discuss the best states for retirees.
- What are the best states for retirees from a tax perspective?
- What states are without an income tax? Are there others that give favorable treatment to retirement income?
- What are the two types of death taxes? What states have these?
- What makes an individual subject to a state’s income tax?
- Suppose an individual is expecting a lot of income in 2017 – perhaps from deferred compensation or from a sale of a business. Can he/she simply move to a state with no income tax this year and avoid tax?
Our guests will answer these questions and more. Tune in, this show will be full of information for you to consider when choosing the state you will retire in.
For questions or comments, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call 202-465-3080 this coming Monday. Program begins at 10:05 ET and questions are accepted between 10:20 AM and 10:55 AM.